Yes, Firebase Analytics can be used for websites as well as mobile apps. Firebase Analytics provides a set of APIs and client libraries for the web that allow you to track events and user behavior on your website and analyze the data in the Firebase console.
To use Firebase Analytics for your website, you will need to set up a Firebase project and add the Firebase Analytics library to your website. You can then use the Firebase Analytics API to track events and user behavior on your website and view the data in the Firebase console.
Here is an example of the steps you can follow to use Firebase Analytics for your website:
- Sign up for a Firebase account and create a new project in the Firebase console.
- Follow the instructions in the Firebase documentation to set up the Firebase SDK for your website. This will typically involve adding the Firebase SDK to your website’s dependencies and configuring your website to use the Firebase services you want to use.
- In your website code, initialize the Firebase Analytics service by calling the
firebase.initializeApp()method and passing in your Firebase project’s configuration object.
- To track an event, use the
logEvent()method of the
firebase.analytics()object and pass in the event name and optional parameters. For example:
This example code logs a “page_view” event with the “page_location” parameter set to “/home”.
- Repeat step 4 for any other events you want to track.
That’s all you need to do to use Firebase Analytics for your website. You can then use the Firebase console to view and analyze the data from your website.