Performance Max campaigns are a type of campaign available in Google Ads (formerly known as Google AdWords). These campaigns are designed to maximize the performance of your ads by using machine learning to optimize bids and targeting in real-time. With Performance Max campaigns, you can set your own target return on ad spend (ROAS) and Google will automatically adjust bids to try and meet that target. These campaigns are suitable for businesses that want to drive conversions and maximize the return on their advertising spend.
To create a Performance Max campaign in Google Ads, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account and click on the “Campaigns” tab.
- Click the blue “+” button and select “New campaign.”
- Select “Performance Max” as the campaign type.
- Enter a name for your campaign and select your target return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Choose your budget and select the locations and languages that you want to target.
- Set up your ad groups and create your ads.
- Review and confirm your campaign settings, and then click “Launch campaign.”
It’s important to note that Performance Max campaigns require a high level of data in order to be effective. If you have a limited amount of data or a small budget, you may want to consider using a different campaign type, such as a Search or Display campaign.