There are several types of keywords that you can use in your app store optimization (ASO) efforts:
- Short-tail keywords: These are short, general terms that are highly competitive and commonly searched for. Examples might include “social media,” “fitness,” or “games.”
- Long-tail keywords: These are longer, more specific phrases that are less competitive and less commonly searched for. Examples might include “social media for professionals,” “fitness tracker for beginners,” or “strategy games for iOS.”
- Brand keywords: These are keywords that include the name of your brand or app. For example, if your app is called “Connect,” you might use the keyword “Connect app” in your ASO efforts.
- Misspellings and variations: These are keywords that include common misspellings or variations of other keywords. For example, if you are targeting the keyword “fitness,” you might also include the keyword “fitnes” to capture users who might accidentally misspell the word.
- Localization keywords: These are keywords that are specific to different languages or regions. If your app is available in multiple languages or regions, you should consider including localization keywords to ensure that users in different parts of the world can discover your app.
By using a mix of these different types of keywords in your ASO efforts, you can increase the chances of your app being discovered by users who are searching for specific terms in the app store.